The Mixed Race Family Parent Support Group is a closed Facebook group where parents can ask questions, find resources, and get support. One of the things I love about blogging is the opportunity to connect with other multiracial families, especially talking with other parents about the unique aspects of being in a mixed race family. It can be reassuring to hear that others share our experiences or feelings, and it can also help us to be more reflective and understanding when we hear from others with different perspectives. That is what prompted me to start this group, where we can support and learn from one another, guided by mutual compassion and respect!
Posts About Parenting in a Mixed Race Family
- Laying The Foundation for Healthy Racial Identity: Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Can God Paint My Eyes Green? A Conversation With My 3-Year-Old
- Talking With My 5-Year-Old About Racism
- How Important Is Diversity In A School?
- When It’s Time To Talk Race With The School
- Interracial Relationships & Identity
- Introducing Young Kids to Black History
Also check out the Spotlight on Multiracial Families, a series of stories reflecting the real experiences of multiracial and multicultural families. If your family is interested in being in featured, I’d love to hear from you! Email me at MusingMomma@gmail.com and I’ll share the details.