I received several free samples of Mixtina products to try with my family and give away. The decision to write a review and all opinions below are my own.
Ten years ago, I finally discovered hair products made specifically for curly hair like mine. Then when I became a mom, I started exploring the “ethnic” aisle, trying to find the right products for each of my boys’ hair. I bought products for the boys and tested them on my own hair, and did the reverse. Over the past few years it feels like I’ve tried everything I can find in the aisles of Target, plus a few from the salon and even on-line.
So when Mixtina asked if I’d like to give their new line a try, of course I said yes. Or, more like YES!!!!!
I love that the company’s intent is to create a range of products that work for different types of curls, rather than assuming that all curls are the same. Just like my hair responds better to some products than others, so does the boys’. Zip’s hair is much like mine (loose spiral curls that respond well to creamy styling products and good conditioning), while Bee has much tighter coils that tend to dry out easily.
A few things I immediately appreciated about Mixtina products:
- They are sulfate-free, because sulfates strip away natural oils that curly hair needs. Mixtina instead uses botanical oils as cleansing agents.
- They have a very clean scent. I’m not sure how to describe the smell, except that it is subtle and not flowery or fruity. Just…clean smelling. I especially like the Coily Curls Shampoo. Mmmmm.
- No animal testing!
- Mixtina is the venture of a mixed race family, so business is personal.
I asked Mixtina to send me a couple of extra bottles, so that if I liked their stuff I could share it with you guys. So here we go – a giveaway for a set of their Coily Curl Shampoo & Conditioner! (One 8-oz bottle of each) There are three simple ways to enter:
2) Follow Mixtina on Facebook
3) Leave a comment below explaining why you’d like to give Mixtina a try.
Easy-peasy. Don’t let the Rafflecopter form intimidate you!
Please use your email to log-in. Only I will see it, and I need it to contact you if you win! When you are done, share the giveaway with someone you know who would appreciate giving these a try. Ya know, share the love!